- June 2019 - NYC DDC Plaza Reconstruction Newsletter (3rd Quarter)
- March 2019 - NYC DDC Plaza Reconstruction Newsletter (2nd Quarter)
- 07.11.18 - Community Notification re: above ground work commences
- 02.01.17 - 25th Street Plaza Excavation Work
- 05.03.15 - Subsurface Investigation Work on the Plaza
- 05.03.13 - Baruch Students Break Out the Ray-Bans
- 02.24.13 - Baruch Students Ecstatic About New Pedestrian Plaza in NYC
- 02.20.13 - New Pedestrian Plaza Opens on E. 25th St.
- 01.09.13 - Baruch Gets Green Light to Open Interim Plaza on 25th Street
- 12.17.12 - 25th Street Pedestrian Plaza Public Announcement
About the Clivner=Field Plaza
The Clivner=Field Pedestrian Plaza, located along East 25th Street between Lexington and Third avenues, opened to Baruch College and the surrounding community in December 2012. Securing the plaza was a neighborhood effort to provide much-needed open space in our community district, which has one of the lowest amounts of open space in Manhattan.
Currently, the plaza is undergoing construction in order to create the permanent plaza. The work is expected to be complete by June 2020 and during this time, the plaza will be closed.
Baruch College collaborated with external stakeholders from Community Board 6, the 23 Street Partnership, local elected officials, residents and businesses on the block, among others, who advised on the planning and development of the permanent plaza. This helped ensure that the final design is one that the college community, local residents, and area businesses can be proud of and enjoy regularly. The Clivner=Field Pedestrian Plaza will be a destination for a wide range of programming for both the College and the community at large.
Baruch College appreciates your patience during this construction phase, and looks forward to the increased quality of life that the permanent plaza will provide.
Plaza Rules of Conduct
The following are prohibited:
- Bicycle Riding (Please dismount your bicycle before entering the plaza)
- Skateboarding/Roller Blading/Scooter Riding
- Unreasonable obstruction of free passage for other pedestrians
- Unreasonable obstruction of sitting areas
- Storing personal belongings
- Lying down
Who can use the Plaza? The Baruch community (alumni, students, faculty, staff, neighbors, etc.)
When will the Plaza be completed? Tentatively scheduled for mid-2020.
Will you notify me when the Plaza is done? All donors to the Plaza will be notified and invited back for an opening reception.
Where will my paver be located? We will inform you once the Plaza is completed.
What will the Plaza look like? Click here to view the architectural rendering.
The NYC Department of Design & Construction has assigned Diane Guskin, as the Community Construction Liaison (CCL) for the permanent plaza construction project. Please contact Diane for any project-related inquiries or concerns you may have:
Field Office: 36 East 23rd Street, New York, NY 10010
Interested in supporting the Plaza?
Nicole Souza: 646-660-6083
Questions about your Plaza gift?
Angela Camacho: 646-660-6063