The Bernard Baruch Benchmark Society honors individuals who made a planned gift to the College. These donors have included Baruch in their wills or trusts, established life income gifts that benefit the College, or used retirement fund assets or life insurance to make a gift to Baruch. In so doing, members have chosen to support Baruch beyond their lifetimes. And because estate plans are often about family, by making Baruch part of your estate plans you are including the College as a member of your extended family. We couldn't be more touched or more grateful!
By including Baruch in their estate plans, members also commemorate the College's first planned gift made by Bernard Baruch himself. When he passed away in 1965, he left the bulk of his estate to the College and this transformative gift established an endowment that continues to this day to provide significant support to our students.
Members are recognized with:
- An invitation to the annual recognition event
- The Benchmark Newsletter, with information about fixed payments for life, tax and estate planning, and Baruch College news
- Inclusion in the listing of society members in College publications and website (with your permission)
- Invitations to special events on campus
- A commemorative Michael C. Fina lapel pin
- Gifts by Will - make a gift that costs nothing now
- Gifts that Pay You Income - support Baruch and retain income for yourself and loved ones
- Gifts that Protect Your Assets - lead trusts allow you to support Baruch now, then your heirs.
- Gifts from Retirement Plans - consider retirement-plan benefits for a significant gift to Baruch
- Gifts by Estate Note - irrevocable pledge against your estate
We can provide assistance to you and your adviser(s) on making a planned gift—without any obligations!
Learn more at our dedicated microsite >
Creative Giving Consultant